History of the chemical site
Founded in the 50’s, BERNARDY factory was specialized in metal reprocessing. When it was bought by SPCH in 1980, Bernardy began to reprocess used copper solutions from the electronic industry in order to manufacture copper salts. Barium & Strontium salts were also developped.
Around year 2000, to face the electronic industry decline in Europe, Bernardy focused its efforts on developing Alkaline and earth Alkaline salts.
Bernardy was then purchased by Isaltis in november 2011.
Today, around 40 people are working on the site. The main markets served are : Oral Care, Nutrition and industrial applications.
What is produced at BERNARDY site
Key products are :
- Barium Nitrate (for catalysts and explosives)
- Strontium Acetate and Strontium Chloride (Oral Care active)
- Potassium Nitrate (Oral Care active)
- Magnesium Lactate and Magnesium Citrate (nutrition applications : drinks, sport drinks, food supplements)
- Zinc Lactate and Zinc citrate (Personal Care, Oral Care, Nutrition applications)
- Potassium Oxalate (Oral Care and industrial applications)
And also other Nitrate, Hydroxide, Chloride, Acetates, Peroxides, Oxalates salts